Models

This BF-T88 handset (also known as BF888smax) is for UHF band only (400 - 480 MHz). It has 16 presets that can be adjusted 1 to 16 by the channel rotator on top.

There isn't much information on this model to find on the internet. The only info I've found is, that it's a reshaped version of the BF888, restyled by Coocheer.
Radios are sold in different colors: Metallic, Red, Blue and Black and they all have the same firmware as the original BF-888 radio.
All these radios can be programmed with use of the well known Chirp software and the average selling price is about 25 - 32 USD.

Baofeng BF-T88 (or BF-888s)

Basic Specs

Size: 122x57x28 mm.
Presets: 16 preset channels.
Features: CTCSS, DCS
Frequency range: 400 - 480 MHz
Battery: Li-ion (very lightweight battery!)

Power Specs

Labels on radio, advertisements and manuals say:
7.4 Volts - 2000mAh
RF power: about 5 or 8 Watt
Maximum range: 3km-5km.

The Real Specs are:
3.7 Volts - 1500mAh
RF power: about 1,2 Watt (max)
Maximum Range: 2km.(max, depends on free line of sight)

Why did I choose this model?

The design of the BF-T88 model is very flat. This is the only reason that I have ordered this one, instead of the BF-888 basic model.

Controls

Accessories

Details

Brands

Baofeng radios are as well manufactured under a new brand name: Pofung, these are basically the same radios.

Retevis RT7

Retevis RT7 is the same radio as te BF888 classic, it's only a different brand name and housing.

Antenna

The antenna has a SMA-female connector, just like all new Baofeng radios.

Options

The VOX and Squelch options are adjustable with the same software as used for the BF888 radio.

Software

Chirp software can be used to program the presets and the VOX options of this radio.